There is nothing wrong with large labia, a large nose, small breasts or huge, sagging breasts. Labiaplasty is in fact a cosmetic procedure. It is no different to breast augmentation or rhinoplasty. Having a large nose gives people distress and psychological discomfort but a rhinoplasty is not medically necessary.
It is as true as having small or huge sagging breasts to undergo breast augmentation. This is also no different to undergoing lipectomy to have the stubborn fat (large pannus) removed from the abdomen. These are not medically necessary.
As it is true with all cosmetic surgeries, women experience discomfort from the enlarged labia with physical activities. Whatever reasons there are, most of the time, the true reason is that women do not like the way their labia looks. These are personal preferences and personal choice. Cultural norms contribute to its motivation.
It is unfair to claim that Labiaplasty will improve sexual function. Comfort level improves to some, but the truth is, it only changes the way the labia looks. The potential benefit is limited to the woman’s self-perception. If a woman feels that undergoing the procedure improves her self-confidence and happens to be more comfortable as a result of the surgery, we are happy.
We believe that a woman has a right to change the way her body looks if she feels that this will improve her self-esteem.
Laser has been applicable to Labiaplasty and Perineoplasty
Benefits of Laser Vulvovaginal Rejuvenation include: More precision and accuracy as a result of the surgical wound control, less blood loss, less risk of vessel and tissue damage, and quicker recovery time thus bringing about better results compared to using the old conventional scalpel procedure.
Dr. Vitasna, with her vast experience and creative expertise can aesthetically design procedures in line with the specifications and desires of the patient. Although her experience and techniques provide her the ability to design anything that one desires, in our center most common procedures are Labiaplasty and Perineoplasty by Laser.
Labiaplasty and Perineoplasty by Laser
They are the cosmetic surgical enhancements of the vulva structures : labia minora, labia majora, perineum or introitus by using laser as a special tool.
1) Labia Minora Plasty by Laser
- Labia Minora Plasty by Laser can sculpture the elongated or unequal labial minora (small inner lips) according to one’s specification. Most women tell us that they do not want the small inner lips to project beyond the large outer lips.
- Many younger and older women have labia minora (inner lips) that are too large and unsightly. Unilateral or bilateral enlarged labia minora can occur before or after childbearing and can cause problems in a woman’s life.
- Chafing and pain from labia rubbing up against panties and jeans. Interference with sexual intercourse due to labia being pulled and dragged into the vagina leading to unnecessary discomfort and embarrassment.
- Labia minora causing deviation of urinary stream with urine not directly entering the toilet but soiling buttocks and legs.
- Labia Minora causing unsightly bulge visible when wearing bathing suit and accidentally hanging out of bathing suit leading to embarrassment. Many women bring us the pictures and say that they want to look like this.
2) Labia Majora Plasty by Laser
- With Laser Reduction Labiaplasty, we can accomplish the desires of the woman. Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift) is a vaginal cosmetic surgery done mainly to improve the appearance of the Labia Majora. Many women are born with enlarged Labia Majora that make them uncomfortable with physical daily activities.
- The enlarged Labia Majora embarrasses them during sexual activity. Our Labiaplasty techniques can also reconstruct conditions that are due to the aging process, childbirth trauma, or injury.
3) Perineoplasty or Perinealplasty by Laser
- Perineoplasty or Perinealplasty by Laser can rejuvenate the relaxed or aging perineum. Perineoplasty is a surgical procedure capable of restoring torn perineum muscles (the visible area located between the rectum and the vagina). Perineoplasty surgery does not go deep into the vagina but intends to repair the damage of childbirth or tearing right at the opening of the vagina (the depth of not over 3-5 centimeters).
- It aims to make this region appear normal by excising excess skin, loose skin tags, and suturing the underlying muscles or the perineal body closer together to give a more snug feeling in the introitus or vaginal opening. Mostly, the perineoplasty is performed together with the vaginal repair.
Augmentation Labiaplasty or Vulvar Lipoplasty
- After childbirth, gaining and losing weight, the labia majora may change becoming enlarged or sagged. With aging, this area may undergo atrophy that causes the skin to shrink and produce unsightly wrinkling. The sagging, wrinkling, and darkening of the skin, may be bothersome to many and opt for labia majora filling.
- Labia Majora filling and Mons Pubis filling is done to add volume to tissues, supporting the dermal tissues to shape the contour of the labia majora and mons pubis to the desired level of correction.
- Liposculpturing can alleviate the unsightly fatty bulges of this area and produce an aesthetically pleasing contour.
PatRungsit Cosmetic Gynecology Center is sensitive to the needs of women, Labiaplasty, Perineoplasty by Laser, and Vaginal Rejuvenation by Laser can be performed in combination. They can also be performed with most cosmetic surgical procedures; the most popular of these are liposculpturing, breast implants, breast reduction, tummy tuck and nose surgery.