What is Labia Majora Reconstruction?
Human error such as over injection and improper positioning of the Silicone in the labia majora can cause severe disfigurement and a lifetime of emotional pain. Labia majora reconstruction may help alleviate woman's intimate problem.
- Many women come to our Center to discuss their post silicone injection concerns. During our consultations, we try to explain that even if the procedure was performed flawlessly, complications usually arise due to the fact that an unnatural substance (silicone) is embedded in the tissues.
- Our bodies naturally degenerate as we age; silicone does not do so in the same manner. Permanent fillers, like silicone, do not decompose like normal tissues do, thus problems and complications may arise at any given time.
- Injected silicone can be properly removed only by surgical intervention. The removal of injected silicone is quite time consuming and difficult. Silicone tends to form micro-beads that lodge themselves deep within the skin tissues. Completely removing every particle is nearly impossible.
- The only true way to remove portions of the filler is to directly excise the afflicted tissues. Removal of injected silicone from the Labia Majora requires patience, precision, training and experience. Silicone removal procedures vary from case to case. Each woman is injected with different quantities of silicone and in different locations. Some women require more excision than others. For this type of procedure, it is best to have your personal situation assessed by an expert surgeon.
- Recently, Laser has been applicable to the Labia Majora (Post Silicone Injection) Reconstruction, consequently benefits including more precision and accuracy as a result of the surgical wound control, less blood loss, less risk of vessel and tissue damages and quicker recovery time thus bringing about better results than using the old conventional scalpel procedure.
Labia Majora (Post Silicone Injection) is one of the most meticulous and tedious cosmetic procedures performed today. It requires extreme precision and patience to achieve the optimal results a woman desires. Many surgeons have little to no experience with this type of cosmetic treatment. It is important you do your research and make wise decisions as you are dealing with the most delicate part of the female body. You should be aware of the doctor’s educational background, training, and practical experience.