Post-Operative Home Care
- The antibiotics should be completed as prescribed. The anti-inflammatory medications will be taken as needed to relieve the pain.
- Showering is not advised within 2 days after the surgery. Clean the wound with antiseptic daily in the morning and before bedtime.
- Using sanitary wipes is preferable to clean the area than using water after urinating. Water may be used after defecating and should towel dry the area gently.
- Light reddish bleeding may be noticed from the surgical wound within 2 weeks after the procedure, and sanitary napkin may be used to monitor the bleeding.
- In case of excessive bleeding or reddish detected blood clots, swollen wound and high fever, please contact the Center for suggestions or come to see Dr. Vitasna for the surgical wound examination
- Refrain from soaking in warm water, in bath tub, swimming in the pool and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks.