Post-Operative Home Care
- You must take antibiotic to protect against a post-operative infection, anti-inflammatory drug to lessen the wound pain, acetaminophen and laxative drug, especially the antibiotic which should be wholly completed.
- At home within the first 1-2 day after the procedure, you should not take a shower –perhaps rub the body dry. You are allowed to take a shower 1-2 day after the procedure.
- In the first week after the surgery, cleaning the wound with soap daily, when you are taking a shower in the morning or before bedtime.
- The patient should try to avoid moisture around the surgical wound to let it heal faster, cleaning the surgical wound after urinary excretion may be done with sanitary wipes (-Do not use the water-) and after fecal excretion done using water and toweling gently.
- You should refrain from soaking in warm water, in bath tub, swimming in the pool and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks after the procedure.