Perineoplasty or Perinealplasty
Post-Operative Home Care
- The antibiotics should be completed as prescribed. The anti-inflammatory medications will be taken as needed to relieve the pain.
- Showering is not advised within 2 days after the surgery. Clean the wound with antiseptic daily in the morning and before bedtime.
- Using sanitary wipes is preferable to clean the area than using water after urinating. Water may be used after defecating and should towel dry the area gently.
- Slight bleeding may be noticed from the surgical wound within 2 weeks after the procedure, and sanitary napkin may be used to monitor the bleeding.
- In case of excessive bleeding or blood clots, swollen wound and high fever, please contact the Center for suggestions or come to see Dr. Vitasna for a wound examination
- Refrain from soaking in warm water, in bathtub, swimming in the pool and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks.