On the Appointment Day
- In the appointment day, you are going to meet Dr. Vitasna for discussion.You will be informed of the procedure details again. You may ask Dr. Vitasna for any additional information including consent forms and post-operative instruction form.
- You may also be asked about your expectations for treatment and if you have any allergies or any condition that wouldn’t make you a good candidate for the procedure, as well as other additional inquiries. In case of uncertainty, doubt, worry or unconfidence for the reason of not informing relatives or husband of the procedure, you should postpone the procedure appointment.
About the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) Procedure
- Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) is performed in an Operating Room for 1.5-2 hours under General Anesthesia administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist. While the patient is sleeping, Dr. Vitasna will perform the surgery by removing excessive tissue and skin of the Mons Pubis.
- Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) require careful and precise excision approach, Dr. Vitasna will try to reconstruct the enlarged Mons Pubis as it was. Afterwards, Dr.Vitasna will suture the surgical wound, the suturing is done alternatively with 2 or 3 layers to avoid the post-operative copmplication such as bleeding.
- The surgical wound needs to be covered with a gauze pack in 24-48 hours after the surgery to stop the bleeding. The blood and lymph drainage tubes were placed and put on the abdominal surface and done together with urinay catheter for 2-4 days after the surgery.
After the Mons Pubis Reduction (Mons Pubis Lift) Procedure
- You will be monitored at recovery room for 1 hour. When you are conscious with normal vital sign, the anesthesiologist will allow you to be monitored in In-patient Building. Nausea and vomiting may be experienced, as a side effect of the spinal anesthesia or the general anesthesia, but which is noted to be relieved as soon as its effect wears off.
- In In-patient Building, you will take antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drug to lessen the wound pain and acetaminophen. In case of no recovery from the acetominophen, you should inform the nurse to ask for the analgesic injection.
- You are allowed to take a shower in 5-7 days after the procedure— or after the removal of the blood and lymph drainage tubes and a urinary catheter. Cleaning the surgical wound after fecal excretion is done using water and toweling gently.
In 3-5 days after the surgery, Dr.Vitasna will allow you to return home after the following things are checked….
- No more blood or lymph in the tubes are reported.
- No abnormal bleeding occurs from the surgical wounds.
- You are asked to well review post-operative instruction care.
- You can have urinated by yourself after the urinary catheter removal.