- Our world today is constantly changing- changing for the better- as do science and technology. It is a fact that the use of laser in vaginal rejuvenation is relatively new. Modern technology has advanced so greatly that Laser vaginal rejuvenation (LVR) has modified the old conventional procedure by using precision laser-plastic surgery techniques. Conventional scalpels have been substituted by laser because it is more accurate, gentle on tissues and effective.
- At present, it is found that a kind of Laser are modified with its wavelength and tissue-incident energy appropriately, resulting in contracted collagen surrounding the tissue in short term and also the increase in the collagen in long term. Thus, this kind of laser is applied to the increase in the collagen around vaginal tissues for more vaginal tightening. Pains are almost never experienced by patients because of no surgical wound but just vaginal tension caused by the initial collagen contraction.
What is the advantage of Laser for Cosmetic Gynecology?
- Based on the above-mentioned advantages, Cosmetic Gynecology Center, Yanhee International Hospital provides the following one-stop services.
1. Vaginal Rejuvenation by cutting Laser (as substitute for the traditional scalpel method)
- After the surgery, a surgical wound may be experienced. Like the conventional method, the absorbable suture is applied, which can solve the problem of vaginal prolapse better than the woundless laser method for vaginal tightening.
- Post-operative cares are the same as the traditional method, i.e., refraining from sexual intercourse and avoiding the risks of the surgical wound tearing, including constipation, coughing, sneezing, heavy lifting and some types of exercise for 6-8 weeks.
2. Vaginal Rejuvenation by Incisionless Laser
- This is a new trend of innovation to the Cosmetic Gynecology, which is initiated in Asia by Cosmetic Gynecology Center, Yanhee International Hospital. Patients will experience less pains and no bleeding, compared with the surgical or incision laser method. The post-operative care is only refraining from sexual intercourse for 2-4 weeks after the surgery.
- However, this method has a few limitations. That is, the tightening results from the peri-vaginal collagen generating which varies individually, and the method should be applied to the women with moderate level of the vaginal prolapse.
- Moreover, this Incisionless laser method can be applied to Stress Urinary Incontinence. Anyway, this method is suitable for the women with mild to moderate level of the symptoms of stress incontinence or for those with some existional diseases that can not be treated by the surgical method by TVT-O.