IN THE APPOINTMENT DAY
- In the appointment day, you are going to meet Dr. Vitasna for discussion. You will be informed of the procedure details again. You may ask Dr. Vitasna for any additional information including consent forms and post-operative suggestion form.
- You may also be asked about your expectations for treatment and if you have any allergies or any condition that wouldn’t make you a good candidate for the procedure, as well as other additional inquiries.
- In case of uncertainty, doubt, worry, or unconfidence for the reason of not informing relatives or husband of the procedure, you should postpone the procedure appointment.
- You have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the surgery in order to decrease the risk of aspiration during or after the procedure.
ABOUT THE LABIA MINORA REDUCTION PROCEDURE
- The surgery will be performed in our Operating Room for 1-2 hours under Intravenous (IV) sedation by our board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Dr.Vitana will apply the local anesthetic in the area. Afterwards, Dr. Vitasna will apply her own technique by trimming away the excessive skin to let the Labia Minora become crescent-shaped and suturing the surgical wound and stop the bleeding with small dissolving sutures. The suturing is done alternatively with 2 or 3 layers, to avoid the post-operative complication from bleeding.
- Within 1 week after the surgery, the surgical area may become swollen, using small dissolving sutures results in smoother wound than using large ones and helps decrease surgical scars, as a result of less pressure of the small ones than that of the large ones. Consequently, when healing completely after the surgery, the wound will look smoother with no suture. In this respect, Dr. Vitasna will apply a special technique to have as least suture as possible.
AFTER THE LABIA MINORA REDUCTION PROCEDURE
- After the procedure, you will be monitored for 1 hour at recovery room. When you are conscious with no active bleeding and you are asked to well review post-operative care, Dr. Vitasna will allow you to return home.