General Notes and Precautions
THINGS ABOUT THE LABIA MINORA REDUCTION YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Labiaplasty Minora is a vaginal cosmetic surgery done mainly to improve the appearance of the external vulvar structures such as vaginal opening, labia minora or labia majora. Many women are born with enlarged Labia Minora that make them uncomfortable with physical daily activities. The enlarged Labia Minora embarrass them during sexual activity.
- Labiaplasty Minora can help reverse the occurrence of these changes by enhancing or improving the appearance of the Labia Minora and reduce or resolve symptoms of discomfort and irritation from the enlargement of the Labia Minora.
- You can choose exactly how you want your labia minora to look after the procedure. Dr. Vitasna has developed her own technique called V-technique (Vitasna’s technique)–modified wedge resection of the hypertrophied tissues of the labia minora (by careful, refined, wedge linear resection )–to make the edges of the labia look more natural and smooth.
- Labiaplasty Minora has limitations and cannot absolutely ensure results and satisfaction because there are many other factors affecting the surgical’s success.
- The Labia Minora reduction is not recommended unless you have any discussion with your spouse because this may lead to your married life problem and misunderstanding caused by refraining from sexual intercourse.
- In case of unsatisfactory results or complications, correction surgery may be performed as appropriate and possible. In this respect, you and the physician should come to discuss a solution together.
BEFORE THE LABIA MINORA REDUCTION PROCEDURE
- Dr.Vitasna will investigate your health’s history, conduct a general check-up and internal check-up. In case you have vaginal fungal or bacterial infection, you should completely treatment before the procedure to avoid the wound infection.
- However, it is not allowed for those with immunodeficiency and you must not become pregnant nor plan to become pregnant in the next 3 months despite no research about the disadvantage to the pregnency and the newborn.
- In case of existing diseases or drug hypersensitivity, please inform the staff before the procedure.
- Dr. Vitasna will educate you the methods, procedure and some potential post-operative complications prior to decision-making.
- One of the most important preparations you should know is that within the day of the appointment you should not drive yourself after the procedure in order to protect against any accidents caused by dizziness as a result of the residential sedation.
- You should be educated about the post-operative care: taking a rest (refraining from work) and keep still for at least 1-2 days after the procedure, taking as least walk as possible especially in the first 3-5 days after the procedure and refraining from sexual intercourse and some types of exercise, such as speed running, yoga, swimming or sit-up for 4 weeks after the surgery.