Labiaplasty Majora or Labia Majora Reduction or Labial Lift
Does your Labia Majora bother you physically, or emotionally?
- It simply doesn’t make any sense to live with these physical or emotional pains.
Why would you wait?
- Labiaplasty can alleviate your emotional and physical discomfort.
The appearance of the external vulvar structure changes due to aging, trauma or childbirth. Vaginal cosmetic surgery can help reverse the occurrence of these changes by enhancing or improving the appearance of the external vulvar structures and reduce or resolve symptoms of discomfort and irritation from the enlargement of the vulva.
Labia Majora can be enlarged with excess skin and tissue. It may be enlarged from birth, form wrinkles secondary to childbirth, or due to aging and can cause the problems in a woman’s life.–-Interference with sexual intercourse due to excess labia majora tissue being pulled leading to unnecessary discomfort and embarrassment.–-Chaffing and pain from labia rubbing up against panties and causing unsightly bulge visible when wearing bathing suit.
Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift) is a vaginal cosmetic surgery done mainly to improve the appearance of the external vaginal and vulvar structures. Many women are born with enlarged Labia Majora that make them uncomfortable with physical daily activities. The enlarged Labia Majora embarrass them during sexual activity.
Recently, Laser has been applicable to Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift), consequently benefits of Laser includes: more precision and accuracy as a result of the surgical wound control, less blood loss, less risk of vessel and tissue damages and quicker recovery time thus bringing about better results than using the old conventional scalpel procedure.
General Notes and Precautions
THINGS ABOUT THE LABIA MAJORA REDUCTION YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift) is a procedure to reduce the size, enhancing the shape or correct the proportional imbalances of the Labia Majora. You can choose exactly how they want their Labia Majora to look after the procedure. After placing the anesthesia, the enlarged and redundant tissue is gently trimmed away. This is mainly performed together with the Labia Minora Reduction or other types of Cosmetic Vaginal surgeries.
- Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift) has limitations and cannot absolutely ensure results and satisfaction because there are many other factors affecting the surgical’s success. The surgery is not recommended unless you have any discussion with your spouse because this may lead to your married life problem and misunderstanding caused by refraining from sexual intercourse.
- In case of unsatisfactory results or complications, correction surgery may be performed as appropriate and possible. In this respect, you and the physician should come to discuss for the solution together.
BEFORE THE THE LABIA MAJORA REDUCTION PROCEDURE
- Dr.Vitasna will investigate your health history, conduct a general check-up and internal check-up. In case you have vaginal fungal or bacterial infection, you should completely treatment before the procedure to avoid the wound infection.
- However, it is not allowed for the woman with immunodeficiency and you must not become pregnant nor plan to become pregnant in the next 3 months despite no research about the disadvantage to the pregnency and the newborn.
- In case of existing diseases or drug hypersensitivity, please inform the staff before the procedure.
- Dr.Vitasna will educate you the methods or the techniques of procedure, the processes of procedure and some potential post-operative complications prior to decision-making.
- One of the most important preparations you should know is that within the day of the appointment you should not drive yourself after the Labia Majora Reduction (Labial Lift) procedure in order to protect against any accidents caused by dizziness as a result of the sedation.
- You should be educated about the post-operative care instruction, taking a rest (refraining from work) and keep still for at least 1-2 days after the procedure, taking as least walk as possible especially in the first 2-3 days after the procedure and refraining from sexual intercourse and some types of exercise, such as speed running, yoga, swimming or sit-up for 4 weeks after the surgery.
IN THE APPOINTMENT DAY
- In the appointment day, you are going to meet Dr. Vitasna for discussion. You will be informed of the procedure details again. You may ask Dr.Vitasna for any additional information including consent forms and post-operative instruction form.
- You may also be asked about the expectations for treatment and if she has any allergies or any condition that wouldn’t make you a good candidate for the procedure, as well as other additional inquiries.
- In case of uncertainty, doubt, worry or unconfidence for the reason of not informing relatives or husband of the procedure, you should postpone the procedure appointment.
- You have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the procedure in order to decrease the risk of aspiration during or after the procedure.
THE PROCEDURE &AFTER THE LABIA MAJORA REDUCTION PROCEDURE
- The surgery will be performed in our Operating Room for 1 hour under intravenous (IV) sedation by our board-certified anesthesiologist. While sleeping, you will be applied the local anesthetic in the area.
- Afterwards, Dr. Vitasna will apply her own technique by trimming away the excessive skin to let the labia majora and suturing the surgical wound. The suturing is done alternatively with 2 or 3 layers, to avoid the complication such as post-operative bleeding. The surgical wound will be hidden between labia minora and labia majora.
- After the procedure, you will be monitored at recovery room. When you are conscious with no active bleeding, you can have urination yourself and you are asked to well review post-operative care, Dr. Vitasna will allow you to return home.