General Notes and Precautions
THINGS ABOUT THE POSTERIOR VAGINAL REPAIR YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The Posterior Vaginal Repair aims to tone and tighten lax and overly stretched vaginal muscles and tissues by removing excess posterior vaginal mucosa to correct defects in the posterior vaginal wall and to narrow the diameter of the vagina which results to a smaller and tighter vaginal canal, thus permitting greater sensation during sexual experience.
- The tightening is done in the entire length of the vagina and not merely in the opening few centimeters, differing from the superficial perineoplasty repair.
- Like any other surgeries, the Posterior Vaginal Repair has limitations and cannot absolutely ensure results and satisfaction because there are many other factors affecting the surgery’s success.
- The surgery is not recommended unless you have any discussion with your spouse as marriage problem and misunderstanding may occur due to refraining from sexual intercourse for quite a time.
- In case of unexpected surgical results or complications, corrective surgery is an option and will be discussed between you and the surgeon.
BEFORE THE PPOSTERIOR VAGINAL REPAIR ROCEDURE
- Dr. Vitasna will investigate your Health history, conduct a general check-up and internal check-up. In case you have vaginal fungal or bacterial infection, you should completely treatment before the procedure to avoid the wound infection.
- However, it is not allowed for those with immunodeficiency and you must not become pregnant nor plan to become pregnant in the next 3 months despite no research about the disadvantage to the pregnency and the newborn.
- In case of existing diseases or drug hypersensitivity, please inform the staff before the procedure.
- Dr.Vitasna will educate you with the processes of procedure and some potential post-operative complications prior to decision-making.
- One of the most important preparations you should know is that you should take a rest (refraining from work) and be still for at least 2-3 days after the procedure to enable the wound to heal faster, avoid constipation to reduce pressure on the vaginal wall, have as least movement as possible in the first 1-2 weeks after the procedure to avoid wound disruption.
- After the surgery, you should refrain from some types of exercise affecting pelvic muscle movement, such as speed running, yoga, swimming, sit-ups, weight ‘s training for lower part of the body and sexual intercourse for 6 weeks after the procedure.
You don’t needs to worry for disorders, complications are in a low rate. You may return to work within 3-5 days. There is no risk of sexual feeling. You should follow Dr. Vitasna appointment for examination or treatment in case of initial complications to avoid worsening.